In case you haven’t figured it out yet, we heart WordPress, especially for political websites.
For a number of reasons, WordPress is a great platform not only for blogs, but businesses too! It’s open source, search engine friendly and best of all, user-friendly.
For this reason, we also recommend WordPress for political campaign websites. So why WordPress and what makes the perfect political wordpress theme?
Here are five tips for your next political website:
- Content is king: Branding, search engines, and generating buzz content is imperative; Create a site that is updated on a daily basis with new content, posts, articles, news; give people a reason to return to your site.
- Widgetize: Widgets are everywhere these days, it’s easy to use widgets to add social icons, video streams, and of course, content; as your website evolves throughout the life of the campaign, widgets will help you move content around more easily.
- Social Media: Incorporate a Twitter Feed, Facebook Like Box and of course your social icons like Flickr, YouTube, RSS and others to help increase exposure to the campaign branding, messaging and more.
- Donations: A large donation button on the homepage, and every other page for that matter is a must. Make it prominent and easy to find. There are many options for online donations. You can take the pricey route and go with a Complete Campaigns type of service, or find services that are more user friendly and priced better at places like Piryx, Your Patriot and others.
- Call to Actions: We recommend two very important call to actions on every site, the email sign up form and a volunteer section. Building lists of your advocates and arming your volunteers with information are key to any campaign.
To receive a quote on your next political campaign website, contact us today.